Saturday, September 24, 9707

Welcome to Symmetry of Birds!

The initial purpose of Symmetry of Birds was to round out my trio of blogs/zines, which include Clockwise Cat and Miro Screaming (now defunct). All three blogs incorporate or adapt lines or titles from poems I have written. Clockwise Cat, my webzine, gets its namesake from one of my favorite self-penned poems; Miro Screaming, which was my rant-blog, evolved from my poem, "Miro's Scream"; and "a symmetry of birds" is part of the concluding line of my poem, "Silent Symmetry," published in Blue Fifth Review in February, 2008.

(We must also call attention to curiouser and curiouser: the cure, cerebrally speaking, my Cure-blog, which is no longer active, but is up for posterity and eternity, because I still love ALL things Cure, and always will.)

So anyway. Symmetry of Birds is the gathering place of all my online published work. My online published work encompasses poetry, reviews, and political polemics (also known as rants). I rarely write fiction these days, though once upon a time I was a prolific short story scribe. Maybe one day I will get back into fiction, but for now, I reserve my creative zeal for verse and invectives (the two birds whose polar styles serve to balance each other - hence the title of this blog).

So anyway. What I do in this blog is provide links to a given published piece, and also paste the actual piece. There are several instances here where the website link no longer works, due to the site shutting down. However, I have simply left the links up for now.

Please be aware that this is a perennial work in progress.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Randy said...

hi love. please go listen to 'dracula family.'

http://www.myspace.com/mogwai

i love your poetry, and i think you'll love this song. xo.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it aint october 30 yet!!!!

Clockwise Cat said...

What's your point? On my Clockwise Cat blog, it says The Year 9999. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I dunno. Seems sort of like cheatin somehow to jump ahead unless you are ahead. Who won the election in Canada by the way since you are ahead and you would know this a long time ago....

Clockwise Cat said...

The date jumps ahead mainly because I need the Welcome Post to be the first post on the page.

Anonymous said...

I sounded like a real meany... I was intending it so. I was just teasing.

Thanks for the explain. Will read your poems.

Clockwise Cat said...

No probs! How did you hear about this blog?

Anonymous said...

I prefer to read literate blogs so I check around and when I see one I read it and if I like it I mention this to the blogger.

Like I am going to do now... great site there maam.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.